Jean-Paul GUILLOBEL (JpG): - You
play Rock in two different styles. For this special CD Release/Event, how are
you planning to give us a phenomenal show?
Futuros Divorciados: - We
don't want to give away too much, but it IS going to be phenomenal. We take a
lot of pride on our live shows, but this one is going to be really, really
special, 'cause we want you guys to invite us back!!! Our music is
definitely on the poppier side, but live we are very punky, and the shows are
very energetic. We also do a lot more than just play the songs...
You'll just have to be there to see it.
Yohann: - By bringing it on! (Lol) I must say
that it’s the energy that you will definitely be getting from us! It’s
more than just playing songs, the connection has to be there and there
will be some things that I’m sure will make some very happy. You just have to
be there.
.
JpG: - How do you think the Haitian
Public will appreciate this show?
Futuros Divorciados: -
Well, we've never played before a Haitian audience, so we're just
pretending you guys are very hard to please and won't settle for anything but
the best, and you'll definitely get the best from us. Even if you're not
much of a rock fan, you'll have a blast. Especially the girls, we're
always a hit with the girls. If you go, you'll find out why.
Yohann: - This is the first time this kind of show will be
done in Haiti. After playing a few shows, I think Haiti is ready
to rock. Everyone will have a great time, and will be talking about it.
JpG: - Rock in French, Creole,
Spanish, English. Which language do you think suits better Rock?
Futuros Divorciados: -
When rock gets sung in a language other than English, it becomes something
else, but it can be something beautiful. We were blown away when we heard
Yohann for the first time, in English, because he sounded so American. But
then we heard him in Creole, and it was even more amazing, because it was so
fresh and different.
Yohann: - Well I wouldn’t say that there is a language
for each style of music. The language cannot be what determines
which style of music that you perform. It’s all about how you feel
it!
.
JpG: - Today we are having a new
Trend in the Island. How do you see the Hispaniola Rock Concept in 10 years? Do
you think the language may be a barrier?
Futuros Divorciados: -
Oh, we'd LOVE to see it happen. It's really a matter of having the vision
and being consistent, but we're committed to it and we think Yohann is too.
Yohann: - Language is not a barrier. I listen to all
kinds of songs to which I don’t understand a word
of... (lol); it’s about the feeling and the vibrations the listener
gets from the song. As for the “rock Creole” what makes it so interesting is
that it’s done in a language and played in a way that rock music hasn’t been experienced before. I
would love to have an ISLAND rock festival with concerts done in
Haiti and the DR. Guest bands from all over the world, big or small would
attend too. Can you imagine Linkin Park, Sick Puppies, Avril
Lavigne (Canada), Mana (Mexico), Chayanne (Puerto-Rico)
playing in one festival...I’m a dreamer... but I have to start
somewhere.
JpG: - You do Rock. Do you feel
different by doing such a special music?
Futuros Divorciados: -
Not really. The DR has a long history with rock. Initially people
in both the tropical scene and the rock scene saw us suspiciously, because we
believed in making music that could have mass appeal, and especially the rock
guys wanted to keep it underground. But we feel our work is influencing a
new generation of musicians who want to have a massive, strong scene in the DR,
and it can happen.
Yohann: - PEOPLE tend to see us as being different, but
to me its just music.
I am doing SOMETHING
different for Haiti and Futuros Divorciados is doing something
different for the DR. However, rock is played all over the world;
it’s only different in some places.
JpG: If you had to convince someone
who does not listen usually to Rock, to come to this show what would you say to
them?
Futuros Divorciados: -
If you're a boy we'll tell you that we smash things onstage (which we don't,
really). If you're a girl we'll tell you we have shredded abs and will
take our shirts off at the show (which we may).
Yohann: - I would just say that if you want to be part of
something different, be there. You’ll have a blast and you don’t know when you’ll
see Futuros Divorciados and Ayiti Rock on the same stage,
not to forget JPerry and Wanito, it will be BIG!!!
JpG: - What kind of Music do you
usually listen to?
Futuros Divorciados: -
We are very voracious when it comes to music, and we're always seeking out
something new. Pop, hip-hop, metal, bachata, jazz, you name it, someone
in this band listens to it. This year we've played Gotye's new album to
exhaustion, but we've also been listening to Norway's Donkeyboy, Uruguay's El
Cuarteto De Nos and Canadians Chromeo. A lot of the Korean Pop is badass,
too.
Yohann: - All types of music, depends mainly on my
mood. If I’m hyped, I listen to rock, house, Metal some very specific
Pop/Rock.
If I feel mellow, I
listen to a lot of acoustic songs, covers and classical music. I
really like Indy bands like Gotye and some classic rock
bands! I also listen to, some Hip-Hop, konpa, Ragga and some French
artists.
JpG: - What are the places you
would die to go?
Futuros Divorciados: -
Haiti.
Yohann: - Heaven !
LOL , Just Kidding .. But Seriously: everywhere!!!The world has so many
beautiful and inspiring places. I hope to visit as many of them as I can
in this life. For now, I’m getting to know Haiti a bit better; there
a few more places on my list.
JpG: - What are the magazines that
you read?
Futuros Divorciados: -
It's borderline impossible to get decent magazines on paper in the DR, so we
just visit the online versions: Nme, Rollling Stone, Billboard, and blogs like
Popjustice and Synthtopia.
Yohann: - Anything that has to do with music, MIX
magazine, Musician Friends for some gears. Guitar World, Rolling Stones ,
Billboard and for some weird reason People Magazine.
Jean-Paul GUILOBEL, Hotel | Restaurant | Tourism | Marketing | PR Consultant
jeanpaulguillobel@yahoo.com
Jean-Paul GUILOBEL, Hotel | Restaurant | Tourism | Marketing | PR Consultant
jeanpaulguillobel@yahoo.com


Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire